Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oops




Dear Jim,

I hope this email finds you well.

I made a mistake last night and wanted to acknowledge it. I worked a party for Goldman Sachs at the New York Public Library last night. Our captains had granted us a break about 45 minutes prior to the event's start, and my station at coat check was stocked and ready to go, so I went outside for a cigarette. I headed out the back, and the NYPL staff told me I couldn't go in the loading area (they were shooting a film). They instructed me to go out front. I wanted to stay close to site, just in case, but now I understand I should have rounded the corner. I was seen by someone very high up at the company smoking in front of the entrance and this attracted negative attention for the team and the captains. For this I am truly sorry.

I am aware that the captains were frustrated, although this wasn't communicated to me directly, and I hope that didn't color their perception of the rest of my work for the evening.

I appreciate the opportunity to do great work for High-End Catering Company and represent you in the best possible light.

Yours,


Caterwaiter - NYC


© Caterwaiter-NYC

No comments: